- Understanding Chronic Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease Stages
- What Is a Nephrologist?
- What to Expect with CKD
- Kidney Disease Management
- Understanding Acute Kidney Injury
- How Kidneys Work
- Take a FREE CLASS on Kidney Disease
Home dialysis can mean fewer food restrictions, less medication and better results. You’ll also have more flexibility with treatment schedules, so you can keep the lifestyle you love. To connect with a Fresenius Kidney Care expert about home dialysis, please fill out the form below or call the home dialysis information line at 1-844-552-4555.
Sign up now to learn about the benefits of home dialysis
Please fill out the form below and a Fresenius Kidney Care expert will contact you.
2 home dialysis options to learn about
Both home dialysis options can be done by yourself or with the support of a care partner.
- Peritoneal dialysis (PD)—filters your blood naturally, using the lining of your abdomen (peritoneum).
- Home hemodialysis (HD)—filters your blood through a dialysis machine using a dialyzer.
The right fit for you may depend on considerations like your daily schedule, travel preferences, work commitments and lifestyle.
Benefits of home dialysis
- Schedule your treatment around your life
- Enjoy fewer food and drink restrictions
- Take fewer medications
- Make fewer trips to the dialysis center
- Keep the social, school or work life you love